Thursday, January 29, 2009

Derby time.....

.....Pinewood Derby, that is and I was invited to George's. It's come a long way since we used to do it but a lot is still the same. I have to say the dad's were pretty calm, or seemed to be. The boys were pretty hyper but that just comes with Cub Scouts and the evening was well-planned and great fun. The Cub Master was awesome and even raced his own car. The track was automated and announced the winner so there was no chance for speculation. It was a really fun evening and I have to hand it to George for taking it on to see that he won the People's Choice Award. He reminded everyone to vote...... for him. He's a pretty cool kid and gets the job done. Good for you, George!!!!!!

3 comments:

Spencer said...

Congrats to George - Make sure he saves that car and sends it back to Louisville...Drew will be eight this year and that car could save me a lot of time.

joycew said...

Oh, the days of cub scouts! I'd go back in a heartbeat! Den Leader was always my favorite calling. Way to go, George.

Staheli said...

YAY FOR GEORGE! That looks super fun and everytime I get on your blog Scott wants to go to St. George because it looks a lot more exciting than West Bountiful. The sun is up though and so are our spirits.