Monday, January 26, 2009

Out with the old....

....in with the new. I HATE CHANGE.....but, change we must for Dixie Rebels apparently is not politically correct here in the "South" so it is out. We are now.....are you ready for this?
........ the Dixie Red Storm and the "black" bull mascot is named "Ragin' Red". He was introduced at half time and I have to admit I was a little sad and didn't like it at first but by the end of the game I was warmin' up to it. There was a huge crowd, lots of hype and t-shirts for everyone. Kyle was honored as one of the Faculty Fans (I'm not sure what the real award was) but he was announced before the game and given another Dixie shirt. You can never have too many Dixie College shirts. Balloons came down at the end and it was a darn good thing we won the game. It was a fun evening..... good to see a little enthusiasm back at Burns Arena. I'm still a fan of Dixie College no matter what name some outsider chooses to call it.


I just thought these pictures were blog-worthy. Miller and McKay having some photographic moments.

8 comments:

Nate Sarah Cooper and Hank said...

oh little miller is getting so big!! I think he is a good mixture between Mason and Mandy! Very cute!

Staheli said...

GO RAGIN' RED!!! THAT LOOKS WAY FUN WISH I WERE THERE.

Lauri Wells said...

I got my t-shirt.

Diana said...

I think it sucks! Makes me ill. BUT...I'll survive and get used to it, I hope. Diana

Camie said...

I don't know whose Miller kid is but if I had to put money down I would say it was Masons...what cute kiddos.

Lauri Wells said...

Camie didn't you know? Miller is mine.

joycew said...

I don't like that they "had" to change the mascot but I hope this will take them right on into University of Utah - St. George! Progress and higher education is always good.

Penny said...

Miller and McKay are sooo cute! They will love those pictures when they are 30 something with kids of there own.