Friday, January 30, 2009

The perfect combination....

......a good read, good friends to discuss it with and good food. That's what we all need once a month...a Book Club and I'm glad I have mine. We met at Cynthia's last night and no one does it better. If you want a good book, click on this one to read about it and see if it's one you would like to read. I like a book that I can relate to and that makes me think; better still, one that inspires me to do something. This one has inspired me to simplify my life and think about what's most important. The food was awesome. Cynthia Wintch really knows how to do it up right when it comes to entertaining. Thanks, Cynthia.

And....speaking of combinations.....I had to get a bike lock to go with my new, or should I say....Lauri's mission bike referbished, my new mode of transportation. I love it, love it, love it. However, when I ride to the grocery store, I must learn to only purchase what fits in the basket. My first trip to the store caught me with not only a full basket but a bag to juggle as well and it was a bit awkward. I'm learning.

4 comments:

Camie said...

To bad I missed you trying to maneuver your way home the first grocery trip on the new and must I had very hip bike.

Nothing beats a night out and bookclub. And I am excited to give this book a read.

joycew said...

I started the book and already like it a lot (I'm on chapter 3). My birthday is coming up...I'll ask for a bike and we can go riding!

Karen M. said...

I will give this book a read when I finish the one I am reading, "The Master" a novel about the Savior, it is awesome. Also I have the Christmas Sweater by Glen Beck that I got from Dr. Wells in my Christmas Basket, so much to read so little time, ha maybe someday I will retire.

xomom said...

I love Lisa Wingate! Can't believe I haven't told you about her. Try the book "Hope Road" (I think that's it. ...Maybe 'Good HOpe Road") Anyway, any book by her is in enjoyable read and most weave the same characters in, so you start to feel like you know them. Wish I were close enough to join you.