Sunday, January 11, 2009

A good read once in a while is needed....

.....and to you avid readers, not hard to come by but I'm not an "avid" reader. I love a good book and when I find one I have to read until it's done and during 2007, I read plenty but in 2008, I discovered knitting. I have finished a few "recorded books" that I downloaded to listen to while knitting but it's never the same as holding a good book in your hands, curling up in a comfortable position or sitting out in the January sunshine (which is what I did today) and turning the pages one by one. I have to say this book has been an easy and delightful read and one I will go back over again and again. If a book makes me think about my life and how I want to make it better, it's a good book so I'm recommending it to anyone, even those that don't have time to read. This one will be worth making the time. Loved it!!!!!! Click on the book to read more about the book and the author. If you've read this book, let me know what you thought about it.

4 comments:

ME said...

Loved it! Definitely one to look back on and reflect on. It helped put a few things in perspective for me. Nothing is better then a good book, its like having a good friend.

Melia said...

This book is one of my favorites, too. I found myself not stressing over little things while reading this book. I, too recommend it to everyone. It has become a favorite gift to give.

Gotta love a good read.

Anita Wells said...

I loved this book too! Cried all through it (on the treadmill at the gym)--do you think it touched us especially having had hubbies go through cancer? Good life reminders.
--Anita

joycew said...

I liked this book a lot. And I know exactly what you mean about snuggling up with a book in your hand and turning the pages and getting totally immersed in the story and characters. Now if I could just learn to knit!