Friday, January 23, 2009

Twenty-eight years of stuff.....

.....and I wanted to get rid of all of it today. It's disgusting how cluttered this house has gotten and I just wanted to get it all sorted through today....of course, unrealistic, but I gave it my all and got quite a bit of it mucked out. Another 364 days and I should have it done but I have such a hard time throwing things away, especially treasures like this one...... ....I guess Lauri's creative juices were flowing one day and she captured the fabric of our lives on this box. I don't know if you can tell but I tried to get a picture of all sides. One of them was too glossy and didn't come out but just wanted to give you an idea of something that I think is pretty cool....perhaps a good idea for a Sunday afternoon activity. Give the kids some odds n' end pics, scissors, some glue and see what they can come up with. Through the years I would put in cards and notes the kids gave me or things they made at school. It's amazing what can be found when the cleaning bug hits.

Also, this picture is for Spencer...I think he pretty much likes this shirt. If he doesn't wear it, I'll make him give it back to you. Long live B Dubs.....hope it survives these hard economic times so you Kentucky boys can keep makin' memories and eatin' hot wings.


4 comments:

Penny said...

I love looking through old memories. Lauri is pretty creative. Wasn't it her laundry basket with all of the stickers on it too?

Spencer said...

B-Dubs is immune to these economic hard times...would be a sound investment if anyone wanted to start one up in the Southern Utah area.

Staheli said...

Hey I'm pretty sure I was apart of the creation of the "memory box" too. Lauri is very creative but when the two of us put our creative juices together we could do anything.

Lauri Wells said...

Traci, I think you are right. forgive my first memories, but i do think you had a hand in it. and we were always more creative together than apart. we could fill swimming pools with our creative juices... that come from mom originally i think.