Monday, July 5, 2010

...been to the mountain today...

....just having a little visit with Scott. I figure if there is a heaven on earth, it must be Pine Valley and I know he's in heaven so it just goes to figure he must be there and I'm here to tell you, I don't know how it works or anything like that but it was his favorite place to go, so if at all possible, I'm sure that's where he is. I know I feel his presence there and I felt a peaceful feeling today as I woke up "alone" again after having a wonderful "family filled" month. James and Lauri left yesterday and Shana and the kids headed out on their long drive this morning. It has been a long holiday and now everyone is getting back to their routines....but I don't have one so I'm trying to figure one out. For the record....I've got some plans for improvements in Pine Valley, a few for my house, a few books to read, projects to finish, concerts to go to and grand kids to play with so I should have a pretty full summer, what's left of it. It is going very quickly. I often wonder how Scott speaks to me; as I visit with my widow friends, we all have different ways we think our husbands send us messages; one says it's rainbows, one finds pennies here and there at crucial times. Me, I think it's through music, especially when my thoughts coincide with certain songs that were meaningful in our relationship. It hasn't happened very often but occasionally when I've needed it to and today was one of those days. I was driving off the mountain and I was thinking about the month of July nine years ago and how I was just preparing to get him home from Salt Lake (not knowing it then), home to spend the last few days of his life. I also got thinking about a good friend of mine that I met in Salt Lake whose husband was a police officer killed in the line of duty on July 6 nine years ago as well....and all of a sudden, on the radio came...."....imagine me and you, and you and me, no matter how they toss the dice, it had to be; the one only for me is you and you for me so HAPPY TOGETHER...." pretty much "our song" when we were young. It brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye but mostly, on this day that's been a little lonely and sentimental, it brought peace to my heart. I do love my life; I love it dearly, but I miss the love of my life very much. Please give your significant other a hug and a kiss right now and remember how blessed you are to have each other. Spencer, I'll be so glad when Shana and the kids get home; Lauri, it was great to see you and James and to know how happy you are; Traci, I miss you and know that you are doing good things there; Mason and Kyle, I'm glad you're here and that I can see you and the kids often. I am blessed indeed....and I know that with all my heart. May we all enjoy this patriotic month and count our blessings....freedom being right up there at the top. God bless the USA.....

2 comments:

Staheli said...

Always love it when you give me something new to read...thanks mom. Love the pictures, love the thoughts.

Diana said...

Brings a tear to my eye too. Just finished, "Chosen by a Horse." I know why you liked it.