Sunday, July 18, 2010

It's summer....

.....sum 'er here, and sum 'er not but I'm here...... and barely enduring....the heat, that is. I've never liked it and never will but there's enough that I do like here that I stay. The other 9 months of the year make it worth it. The sky is never quite as blue as it is on a hot, hot day and then add a few very white clouds, it makes for amazing scenery (viewed through the window of a nice cool home). I love the sky.......

....about as much as I love the ocean and Traci and Russ got to go to the ocean. They ventured to the east coast...I'll be hittin' the west coast here in a couple of weeks and I love other bodies of water as well, and hope to make it to Lake Powell at least once.

Aw....but I do love my Pine Valley. She's lookin' pretty darn good, don't ya think? Come on up and sit on the porch with me and let me introduce you to my new neighbor, Mr. Hopper. You'll like him. He doesn't stick around long though...but he'll be back.

We went up to Mountain Meadows and hung out with the sistas for a few hours....good food, good company and it was cool.

Here we are, almost the last of the original Sweet 16th....gray hair and all but we can still find something to smile about. Someone asked me if I'm Debbie's mom...ouch.....

4 comments:

Staheli said...

the cabin looks lovely......

Camie said...

Hang in there sweet 16ners. I need some of the old stalk there when i come to visit. You could never pass as my mom's mom...love you guys!

Diana said...

Grey is beautiful. 60 is the new 45 dontcha know?

Carole said...

You and Debbie are more like sisters in temperment and beauty, inside and out. Looks like you are having fun!! Keep it up.