Sunday, July 11, 2010

Saturday is a special day....

.....especially when ya get to spend it with family and be in Pine Valley and then go home and take in yer kid's baseball game at the Heat Stroker Tournament. Dunt get any better than that, folks.......and it was such a perfect day in the mountains today; overcast most of the day with a fun, hard rainstorm in the late afternoon. Aw, the smell...wish blogs could capture smells. Kyle and JoEllen really hauled on getting the latice on the porch and the railing painted. They are both pretty much work horses....and deserve many kudos for their hard work today. I pretty much just sat around and watched, but that's what I do best. I did take a nap with Matty...so I guess my job was to keep her occupied so the work could get done and I did pretty good at that.

Look at 'er go...if you want a job done, get JoEllen on it. I was impressed and very grateful for her willingness to help out with a shortage of manpower. Womanpower is just as good....or I should say "JoEllen Power".

A little before and after shot. Looks great, don't ya think?

As usual, George was fascinated with the power tool.....

....and my dad's brother, my Uncle Wes stopped by. There for a minute, I thought it was my dad holding Matty. It was good to see him and his son Kent and visit with them for a few minutes.

Evan got into some heavy water action here. Some may be wondering at this point where was Mason while we (I mean they) were all working so hard????
At the Heat Stroker Tournament!!!!! It was hard work too and a very noble cause for this baseball lovin' mom. The Wright Brothers, (Joe, Ray, Dan, Ron, etc. etc....) get together every year (Dan and Mason played ball together in high school) and they invited Mason to be on the team this year. They started Friday night and played through the night until 10:00 Saturday morning only losing one game...sending them to the second bracket (not the loser's bracket 'cause they just ain't losers in my mind) and they played from 8:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., takin' a brief break then finishing off from 3 a.m. to 7 a.m.

Mason and Dan catchin' up on life in the dugout......

It's 11:30 and McKay is hangin' in there.....There ya have it. A pretty rockin' Saturday and I'm headed out to the final games of the tourney. Peace out...for now!!!!!!

2 comments:

Staheli said...

the cabin looks incredible, great work you guys, wish I could have been there to help and enjoy the smells.

Penny said...

I wish we could have been there to help out. I had to help Jan with a wedding cake in Vegas for one of our friends and Joel had to work. But count us in for next time for sure. It looks great!