Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The verdict is in...

.....and it's still Colin Firth but I discovered today that comparing the stage version to the movie is like comparing apples to oranges and though I loved it, it's just different. Pride and Prejudice stage version took on more of a comedic aura that I wasn't expecting and the story just seemed totally different to me. I loved it though.....and it was very entertaining. I thought to myself as I watched it how easy it is to watch it time and time again, discovering something new each time. I loved this interpretation and watching the characters be able to interact with the audience reactions and bring a totally different feel to a timeless love story. It is called a romantic comedy and that's exactly what it was. I give it a two thumbs up and highly recommend it.
We enjoyed being on the grounds of the Shakespearean Festival again as it had been a while for the both of us. Can't get away without trying a tart....I think lemon is the best. We did not coordinate our outfits today, I promise....but don't we look nice together, so color coordinated!

1 comment:

Staheli said...

Looks so fun. I love going to live theater. You do both look very nice.