Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A great big dose of southern hospitality...

.....is what we encountered at the store yesterday...(actually, I've been quite blown away by it wherever I have gone.) Everyone makes eye contact, smiles and usually they strike up a conversation and if you know me, you know it doesn't take much to get me to converse. I've got friends at the pool, friends down the walk-way and even at the mall we had a couple of women want to hold the baby....and we let them. I hope that's o.k. Max turns heads....he certainly is a southern charmer. Most people were shocked that we were out in public with such a little baby and some of them scolded Traci for being out so soon and not being home in bed but that's not her way. She's a natural and has done really well. She's starting to wonder a bit what it will be like to be left alone with her three but she'll be fine.....cutest little mom ever. Her boys are lucky to have her.
************************
This woman was behind the counter and walked with her arms open toward us and reached out for Max.

This one approached us as we were walking in and she was walking out and just started talking then asked if she could hold him.

Lisetta (right) is Traci's neighbor and her mother, Umparro (center) is visiting from Columbia and they invited me to spend Sunday afternoon with them at Ayr Mount. We had a wonderful visit and walked around the lake then I practiced my new knitting technique that Umparro has convinced me will be lots faster once I learn it. I'm not believing it yet....
This is the sweater that she knitted for Max....so cute. I love these ladies. Lisetta has been an awesome friend to Traci
I haven't even talked about my buddy, Linsay that I talk to at the pool every day. I'll see if I can get a picture of her before I head outta here. I'm lovin' it here (except not the humidity and the bugs).

1 comment:

joycew said...

What a wonderful time you are having! Wish I were there.....you will have friends all over the world. Wait...you already do! I'm sure glad you're my friend. Max is a beautiful baby. And it's always nice when people recognize that!