Sunday, August 8, 2010

Over 35 years of eating cake....

....and as I'm enjoying a leisurely Sunday evening at my mom's I'm thinkin' .."this has got to be the longest running tradition in our family." It's fun to watch a new generation of cousins get to know each other and eat cake.


She makes us a cake every week, bless her heart, so you do the math....that's a lot of cakes and she did it long before I started taking my family there for that delectable delicacy. We all have our favorites.... mine is this one that we had tonight. What's yours? She has to work harder at it now than in the past and I just realized that I don't show my appreciation as much as I should...so this is to my mom....a grand lady and a welcoming grandma to my kids and grand kids. It's gotta be hard on her to watch us all tear it up on Sunday nights but she wants us to keep coming or she wouldn't keep making the cakes, right? I sat out on the porch for the longest time this evening waiting for the rain and the kids, chatting with my mom. It's been raining on and off for the past 4 days and that's "big" for St. George. There has been a bit of flooding and for those who have been hit hard, I'm sad....it has been me before, but.... "when we pray for rain we have to be prepared for a little mud" and the rain has been a welcome relief.
*********************
I got a few shots of the temple tonight on my way home...hoping to show the beautiful sky in the background.

I'm grateful on this Sunday night for my mom..... for the simple pleasures in life and for my many blessings, one of them being having this beautiful building in view from my neighborhood.

3 comments:

Staheli said...

In October when we come to visit, one of the reasons that I didn't want to leave until Monday is because I wanted to have two Sunday evenings at Grandma's. Those a beautiful pictures of the Temple. I love rain in St. George.

Lauri said...

That makes me want to go home and make some cake right now. It won't be as good, but I may just have to at least try.

Diana said...

Love rain in Dixie and love your temple photos and I ESPECIALLY like cake at your mom's on Sunday night!