Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sometimes it's good to stay home...

....because (1) I don't spend money and (2) I get a few things done which is the case today. I was busy yesterday getting ready for Nikki's baby shower. I made the cupcakes and they turned out pretty cute on my little 3 tiered serving tray.....and I had to get out (and dust off) my quilting frames that I haven't used for a gazillion years because part of the activity was to make her a quilt but no one wanted to work on it so I did it myself and I was able to finish it up today, along with a receiving blanket and burp rag to go with it. So there....as I'm waiting for my garbage disposal repairman, I did use my time wisely to get a few things done and I still need to finish reading "Eat, Pray, Love" so I can go to the movie on Friday. Enjoying the book immensely....just very interested to see how they made it into a movie. So, there you have it, kids....I'm not just sitting around watching t.v. and eating Bon Bons. I'm getting a few things done while watching t.v. and eating....(I wish I had some Bon Bons ) crackers. School started here today. It will be good to hear from everyone how it went. I think my Kentucky kids start on the 17th. Aw...I love this time of year but I think I already told you that. Maybe that's why I'm all of a sudden having this burst of energy.

4 comments:

Staheli said...

Way to go Mom. I love days that I can spend all day at home and still feel accomplished. I need to talk to you sometime today...I give you a call. Your cupcakes look beautiful!

joycew said...

Thanks so much for all your help with the shower. I think a good time was had by some (and wasn't that our goal?) The quilt and receiving blanket set is so cute...thanks again for being the best friend and sister anyone could ask for (and I didn't even have to ask!)

Camie said...

Sometimes I have to force myself to stay home just so I won't spend money...it's hard! :)

xomom said...

Just spent a few minutes catching up with your busy life! Won't comment on everything, but it does look like you have had some wonderful fun this summer!!!
Thanks for blogging!