Thursday, September 30, 2010

White dress numero uno....

.....for little Lux and it was just a tad big so we set out to "downsize" it for this wee little person (she's a whopping 6 lbs.) and cute as a button. Even this little newborn (size 2xs) dress was just a little overwhelming so I took it apart and put it back together to fit perfectly for her blessing next week. It probably would have been just fine but I sure had a good time putting it back together today and it was especially fun to have her first fitting....and see how she has grown. My alterations are almost a little too drastic as she is growing so quickly. By next week, who knows, she may be grown out of it. She sure is a sweety and her proud parents, Nikki and Jarrett and her grandparents, Jay and Joyce are certainly enjoying watching her grow. Her actual due date was yesterday. She was born about a month early and is doing great. Here you have the before and after
....and her first fitting before I put on the sleeves. I'nt she a cutie?????

The perfect end to a day of sewing was to rock out to my favorite local band, the ROK DOX at Ancestor Square and I love that place. Perfect night, perfect setting for yet another "Stars Hollow" experience. There really is a whole lot of action in little ol' Saint Garge.......
TOMORROW....we remember my dear dad who left us 8 years ago for greener pastures in heaven. I sure miss my dad and he was such a good dad and grandpa. He's watching his posterity with great pleasure these days and smiling down on all of us saying...."and to think I caused all of this"....one of his favorite sayings when we would all gather in the family room at Christmas time. He was well pleased with his family and we all knew that he loved us.

.....and I can't forget to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my dear friend and neighbor, Cynthia Wintch. A few years ago she followed me home from church when I left early in tears....not sure what got in to me that day but she and Debbie pounded down my door and made me talk. She's been checking on me most every day and feeding me ever since. She's one of the smartest people I know and I'm better for knowing her. Thanks Cynthia...have a great day.


2 comments:

Camie said...

I'm sure your dad is still passing out nibs up there in heaven....

Staheli said...

Thanks mom for the reminder about Grandpa. I'll be sure to give grandma a call. Love the post....cute tiny dress, you did well. Happy Birthday Cynthia.