Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's kinda like having a baby...

.....when you invite the kids for a sleepover. Yeh, it's hard and you say to yourself..."I'm never gonna do this again"....after a while, you do it again. Actually, last night went amazingly well in spite of the fact I had two of the little ones (Miller stayed but went home later) as Kyle and JoEllen went out for her birthday and the midnight showing of Harry Potter, but Matty went to bed early and the mayhem (needless or willful damage or violence) began....and that was probably a bit of a harsh word to use 'cause the kids were really pretty good. Maybe bedlam (a place, scene or state of uproar and confusion) would be better here (you should see my house!!!) They really are fun little kids and play together well (most of the time) and I love 'em dearly....each and every one.
....and today is JoEllen's birthday and I need her to know how much I love and appreciate her. She's a terrific wife, mom and daughter-in-law.
I really do admire her ability to run a tight household and yet really enjoy life. She always has her priorities straight and is a friend to all. Have a great day, JoEllen.
Keep enjoyin' the ride.....

2 comments:

joycew said...

Looks like they all had a memorable "sleepover at Grandma's House"...they will, at least, have that to talk about at your funeral. Aren't we all trying to live so there will be something good to say about us at the end? Whatever the motivation, live well!
Also, I appreciate your vocabulary words!

Staheli said...

you'll have to have one of those when we are out there in May. I just know Scotty would be all over that.