Thursday, November 18, 2010

Most days....

....I pretty much wish I were someone else but today...I'm glad I'm me because: (1) I finished my first crossword puzzle (with a little help from my sis who got me goin' on these. I remember a few years back Spencer used to do them and I couldn't figure out why the heck anyone would really want to but today, I did it and it felt cool.) Now I can go to the rest home. (2) I said I'd never do it but I got back on Facebook so I could play Scrabble with Jean Jolley. I'm hopeless, I know. (3) I did my civic duty by volunteering at the Jubilee of Trees. The money this year is going toward a new high-tech mammography machine. Joyce and I had a pretty good time and enjoyed a little early Christmas cheer...(a little too early for me but what the heck, it was free).

(4) Enjoyed a good ol' donut fry while Cynthia taught my Relief Society girls a little bit of cooking savvy. I'm not sure if any of them listened, but they enjoyed eating the donuts.










(5) I captured a beautiful sunset on my way across the street (top of page) and got to thinking how unique each one of them is and how fortunate that I had a camera in my pocket to capture it and (6) .... my "Smart Phone" is reading to me from the Book of Mormon (I think it's Bruce Lindsey's voice) as I compose this blog. A Smart Phone is only as smart as it's owner and yesterday mine was pretty dumb (it's totally a "love/hate" relationship with technology) but today, I'd say it's come from an "F" to a "C+" and improving daily. I cornered one of the girls tonight and got "schooled" in Droid...pretty cool stuff. So there you have it....who wouldn't want to be me today..... "I'm glad I'm me and I'm walking to the store, walking to the store, walking to the store, I'm glad I'm me and I'm walking to the store, walking to the store for my mother"......(are you singing along kids?)

2 comments:

Camie said...

Wow all great things...I am hopelessly addicted to scrabble on facebook! and its never too early for christmas cheer. The jubilee looks like a fun time.

xomom said...

You are just too much fun! What a delight to read your blog and get to thinking about different things. I guess I will make a list tomorrow of why I'm glad I am me....I'll see how it goes.
Just let me say that I am glad you are you. I am glad to have you for a friend!