Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The shade of summer....

....is now a big mess on my front lawn but to Miller, it's a party.
It didn't help that I forgot to turn the sprinklers off and they are all soaked but we'll continue to "party on" for the next couple of days as this late fall turns into winter and the Christmas season is upon us, lock, stock and barrel (a merism or figure of speech meaning "all", "total" "everything". You probably knew that but I just wondered where that phrase came from so I looked it up. Click HERE if you want to know too).

I think this is the earliest I've ever put up my tree but hey...when the mood hits...ya gotta go with it. I'll put on my new Canadian Tenor Christmas tunes, heat me up some hot chocolate and I'm good to go. BTW, it's BLT day tomorrow...however....some think it's Dec. 2nd. The verdict is still out and I can't find any proof one way or the other so....I'm having mine tomorrow; I'm just sayin'....

3 comments:

Staheli said...

We'll enjoy our BLT today!

Lauri said...

we're postponing blt day for another day when we can enjoy it. We're still eating saltines and chicken noodle soup.

joycew said...

Count me in on the BLT on the 2nd. Does it have to be homemade or can we go out to lunch?