Sunday, November 7, 2010

What happened in Vegas....

.....was really a lot of fun and though my pictures aren't too good, let me tell you, it was all fabulous. We met Friday at high noon, dined at House of Blues and headed out into the city, walking 'til we couldn't walk "no more" then finding any tram or excuse to sit down that we could, hitting the City Center, Bellagio Fountains, The Coca-Cola Factory (which isn't a factory any more, just a store) and the M & M Store (and many very strange sites on the streets of Vegas) then back to Mandalay Bay to crash, knit and visit 'til the last one of us fell asleep. To some,....borrrrrrr...ing, but to us good ol' friends from way back to elementary and high school, a lot of laughin' and talkin' in Rooms 12106 and 12108
*******
I really should have taken a picture of my breakfast, Coconut Mango Pancakes with Mango Butter...yum; then off to a bit o' shoppin' and back to get ready for Lion King.

Oh my, was it amazing. I couldn't stop smiling just thinking how awesome it was to be there and not only that, but to be there with my friends. Our buffet after was amazing too.

I wanted to give them all something to commemorate our 60th year so I painted some little pots to hold their reading glasses and Traci wrote a little poem to go with them. We had lots of good laughs over our inability to remember things, our ability to misplace things and our incapacities caused by walking the streets of Las Vegas. We were happy to "just sit" or lay at the end of the day.

Here's to our glasses.....we wanted them then....we need them now....but where are they????? (click on poem to enlarge).

In all our "catching up", we couldn't help but remember all the things we've learned from one another through the years from good books to read, the best make-up to use, what purses to buy, what movies to watch.....but most of all we've been able to comfort one another in life's sorrows, rejoice in life's shining moments and keep each others secrets. We missed Janny, Stef, Jill and Carol Ann but we'll catch them next time....and oh yes, there will be a "next time". Til' then....thanks girls, for a great week-end.

3 comments:

xomom said...

Oh yea! We had all that fun and more! Thanks for the promp post. I am reading and reliving the memories...all good!

Diana said...

Oh, yes...you did make it sound like all the fun it was! Some of my photos are really good so I'll try to do a post tonight; I'm not as fast as you! I have my glasses cup right by my bed for MY glasses and NO ONE ELSE! Thanks!

joycew said...

Oh, it just makes me want to plan a girlfriends retreat with my own group of friends! We did spend time together Saturday morning at the fundraiser for Diane's grandson who has leukemia but a weekend would be way better! Glad it was all a success!