Sunday, November 28, 2010

There's this saying...

....or maybe it's a "grandpa-ism" that goes: "How was your "trip" last "Fall"? I think it would apply to me as I just got back from a trip to Kentucky and had a wonderful time, but last Friday as we were hurrying down the ramp to make it to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis so we could get the 30% discount, one of the little ones crossed in front of me and.....you guessed it....I tripped and fell. Nothing more humiliating than falling down in a public place. I'm not sure which was bruised the most, my knee or my pride but Spencer helped me up and we were on our way for a great day at this wonderful place.

Lots of fun stuff for the kids to see and do.

I'm posting a few of the many pictures I took, the highlight for me (other than spending the day with my grand kids) was the Barbie Exhibit. I don't know why I like her, but I do. Barbie was a big part of my childhood and since she didn't enter my life until I was 9 years old, I guess I just didn't get enough of her so I've continued to collect and adore her through the years and though Spencer would rather line 'em all up and use them as target practice, he actually walked through the exhibit with me, bless his heart. I actually own a lot of the memorabilia that was on display and it was fun to see it all and remember the hours and hours I would spend not only playing with them but saving money so I could buy the beautiful, detailed dresses and outfits for a whopping $3.50 a piece. They just don't make 'em like that any more. Something that I thought was really cool was the display in the store window (see the picture in my title) with real Barbie dolls in each of the letters spelling Barbie.

We had fun painting, playing Wii, kickball, watching t.v. and playing my new favorite game, (and I don't usually like games) "Wits and Wagers". Clickity click on it to learn more about it. As I mentioned before, this is the 8th Thanksgiving I've spent in Louisville, Kentucky and the last as the Kentucky Wells family is finally ready to move on. I will miss this place immensely. It's been good to my family but we will welcome them home with open arms and lots of new adventures ahead.

Dinner was divine as usual.

Spencer taking the little ones off to bed so we could play more Wits and Wagers in peace.

I do love these kiddos and it's always sad to leave them. Lest you think the week-end was perfect (it almost was) there were a few "tangles". Not only did we attend the movie "Tangled" which I thoroughly enjoyed; can't say it's my new favorite but I LOVE 3D and it took this movie from a 3 thumbs up to a 5 for me. O.k. back to the "tangles". I bought some really soft, expensive yarn and I was supposed to be able to pull the yarn out of the middle but it got so tangled and turned into a huge mess and Spencer just wondered why I kept at it for hours and hours and even recruited the whole family to help me out of this mess, so if you've read this far you're probably wondering why I'm even posting about such a stupid thing as tangled yarn; it was worth saving. It's the softest yarn I've ever worked with and turned into this. Thanks Shana and Laynee for sticking with me and getting this done. Thanks to the Spencer Wells family for inviting me for one last Thanksgiving at their Old Kentucky Home. It was a relaxing and funfilled vacation for me. I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving week-end and that everyone has weathered all the storms, both in life and on the road and finds themselves in a safe warm place this night.

4 comments:

Staheli said...

I loved this post. I'm sorry you fell...I hate falling in public, it's the worst. I love the pictures. I wish I could have been there with you.

joycew said...

I loved this post as well. As I read through it the second time, the thought struck me "How amazing that you can take a tangled mess of yarn and create those fabulous socks!" You are an amazing, awesome person!

Intro to Investments said...

Seth looks just like that new kid on Glee. I still watch the show but fast forward through the talking. Post a picture of Seth next to him mom and you will see.

Intro to Investments said...

Here is a link to Seth in 13 years.
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3845424896/nm3432881