Sunday, June 20, 2010

....been longing for Stars Hollow....

.....so I started watching Gilmore Girls again. (Clickity click HERE to learn more about it. This is Lorelei's house). It's just a make-believe town but it's got everything I could ever want and when I'm watching the show, I'm "there"....and it is a really good place to be. Not that "here" isn't a good place to be but I'm a dreamer and an adventurer and so I will continue to search for my "Stars Hollow". I believe it can be anywhere we are because it is just a "sense of community" that some of us want. As I was enjoying the evening at my mom's for our usual "cake" visit, I realized, that, in a way, is my "sense of community". Stars Hollow has quirky characters...so does our family (I'm one of them). Stars Hollow has "routine", things that you can plan on being there all the time like Luke's Diner, various yearly celebrations....we have that in our traditions, such as the 4th of July, Sunday nights at my mom's and there's plenty of "small town" entertainment and Farmer's Markets here. We don't know everyone any more when we go somewhere, but it's still fun to be able to occasionally run into old friends at the grocery store or a concert....that's a very "Stars Hollow" thing as well. Then, there's Lorelei's house and I realized it looks a lot like the one that Traci has her eye on in North Carolina; very "Stars Hollow" Traci....I like it!!!!!
************************************
I always dream of visiting places that I read about or see in the movies. I read a blog about a person that set out to find "Stars Hollow". If you want to read about it too, click HERE.
So, until I head out on my own roadtrip to find my "dream town", I'll settle down and realize I'm living in it and try harder to take in all the "Stars Hollow" experiences that our own "not so little anymore" St George has to offer and realize that here are my memories, my friends, my family, and my neighbors that can give me that "sense of community" if I just let them. It really is a pretty good place to live (at least 9 months out of the year) and Pine Valley takes in the other 3 months as a pretty dreamy place to reside. Here we are having some "small town" family fun.
May we all find peace in where we are and a comfort in knowing we're all in this together and here to help one another out whenever needed. Stars Hollow isn't real but the concept of community is and can be found wherever we are if we're willing to be a part of it and make it a part of us. (Nothin' like a little game of "Andy-I-Over" to remember the small town feel).
Miller would rather play basketball......

3 comments:

Staheli said...

Looks fun. Thanks for the pics. I love reading all this and I like that house even more now that you compare it to Lorelei's(and nothing except a few neighbors and farms is in walking distance).

Becca said...

Omigosh! Another Gilmore Girls fan!! I love the witty repartee!! And that dentist son of yours is fabulous! I am now a dedicated patient of Dr. Mason Wells. Thanks to your blog for informing me he was dentisting in my neck of the woods.

Becca said...

Oh, and congrats to Kyle! I couldn't vote for him as I live in District 5 but I did give him kudos with my co-workers.