Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Let's get this party started...

.....oh, believe you me, it has started and Laynee is in the house so everyone wants to be here and how can you blame them. I remember when I was a kid the "happenin' " place to be was at grandma's house. I only had one grandma but I loved it when I got to stay over with her. Grandmas don't tell you what to do and they let you snoop a lot. I remember that she and grandpa always made me feel like royalty. They happened to live above their cafe in Cedar City for some of my "kid" years and I got a lot of really cool privileges. So....while Laynee is here, I'm spoilin' her (within reason) and letting her enjoy the cousins. We're trying to do all of her favorite things while she is in the magic city (St. George is magic when you only get to come once a year). We've been to Pasta Factory, Cafe Rio, painted at BrushFire, fulfilled our goal to have a Shave Ice every day (2 days so far). We haven't been able to swim yet, a little too windy but that's in the future.....heading to Tuacahn tonight for Tarzan. Lots of trampoline time (4 hours to be exact last night alone). It's fun for me to have a houseful again and watch them play and be together. Only one more year then this magic city turns into reality. It'll be good to have Spencer's family back but until them, we'll continue to show them a good time. Party on kids.....

I just got these cute pics from JoEllen and it reminded that they had a fun day at the park sandwiched in with all the other fun stuff we've been doing....This is the park that is out by my dad's farm.


....and never anything cuter than a kid and an Oreo. Laynee's had a good time getting acquainted with Matty.

2 comments:

Spencer said...

Nice. Thanks for the pics of my girl. Looks like she's in good hands, and it also looks like you're doing a fine job of convincing her that leaving KY next year might be okay.

Staheli said...

Wow, I bet Drew is so jealous...or are you just not letting him see mom's blog? I probably wouldn't, I have to admit, makes me a little jealous. Love the pics..Laynee totally deserves a good time, she's a rockin' awesome girl!