Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm pretty much "Crazy for You".....

......Tuacahn.... and it was my privilege once again to go tonight with my sis, my mom and a couple of friends to view the production "Crazy for You" and enjoy theater under the stars. The night was a bit on the warm side but a little air conditioning came on in the form of a light breeze about half-way through which made it an exquisite experience to say the least. The singing and dancing were quite sublime....the play a bit "cheesy" but I like cheese and I like being entertained and I was totally pleased with the production. There you have it....my review and I highly recommend it to anyone that has not seen it. Whenever I go out there my mind goes back to when Spencer took a job with an electric company that had contracted with the builders of the amphitheater but the Desert Tortoise had to be protected so they would go to the road that turns into where the theater was built and ride by horse and wagon all the way in...probably about a quarter or half mile every day to work. Crazy, huh? We all thought so but it got me to wondering about the fate of the royal turtle so I looked it up and we do still have a reserve here that protects them. Whew....I thought someone might have "dropped the ball" on that one but nope....still protected, still wandering around. If you want to know more, clickity click HERE...and if you know something I don't, do tell. Then I got to thinking about Mason's stint (wishing I had some pics) as the night watchman out there. Every night after the show, he would have to clean up everyone's trash.
After helping him a time or two, I don't think I've ever left any trash behind in any public place be it the movies, the sun bowl, the gymnasium....we human beings really are messy people and just assume that the trash automatically gets swooped into a trash can...but then there's the argument, "someone gets paid to pick it up, we might as well leave it". We all have fond memories of Mason's summer there and the crazy things he'd do to pass the night away. Tuacahn.....good times and good memories. I hope it stays around for a good long time. It's become a big part of my summer. Looking forward to conference and the marathon....check out Lauri's blog HERE.

3 comments:

Karen Mendenhall said...

I'll have to leave some trash laying around the office so he can clean it up for old time sake! Thanks for sharing, hope things are going a little better for Kyle at Weather Master, just heard something through the grapevine (not from Mason though).

Spencer said...

We need to have a talk.

joycew said...

Thanks again for inviting me to the play...you're my only link to cultural activities! I dream of the day when we, too, can break into song and dance and our mundane lives become a stage production!!