Saturday, September 18, 2010

One year ago today....

.....this cute little lady was born into the Kyle and JoEllen Wells family, my 13th and a mellow little one she is. I had her for a few hours the other day and she just explored my house, crawled into my living room and stood up to my doll cabinet and just peered in for the longest time. She's the sweetest little huggable thing and her long hair makes her look mature beyond her year but she's happy to crawl...knows it's time to walk and wants to, but I'm sure it's going to be on her terms. Crawling gets her where she needs to go right now. Happy Birthday, Matty Cake....you're a cutie pattootie for sure.
***********************
Speaking of pink, it was "Tough Enough to Wear Pink" night at the rodeo last night and Jay and Joyce invited me to join them in some mighty fine seats to watch this event. I mentioned in an earlier blog how I hated the rodeo when I was a kid but decided it was time to give it another try and I loved it. The opening show was so exciting and patriotic and when all the riders came in at the grand entry, the memories flooded of how much I wanted to do that as a kid. Other memories took over when the calf roping began (it used to make me cry, I felt so sorry for the little calves) but I truly enjoyed the excitement and being there to enjoy a tradition that has been in this community that I love for a lot of years. The Lions Club does a lot of good for this community and it was great to be a part of it for an evening.

No comments: