Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tomorrow is yet another one....

.....a birthday, that is, and it belongs proudly to McKay David Wells, 2nd child of Mason and Mandy and (let's see...I have to stop and count)...my 6th (I think) grand child and I love this kid. He's his dad through and through...(some days I could say "Sorry Mason") but most of the time a really, really good kid that's trying really hard to do good and be good. I know he loves Otter Pops and he loves coming to my house (if the cousins are here) but lately he's been really good about giving me big hugs when he sees me and always asks me if I'm coming to his "stuff" and his stuff includes soccer, t-ball, and last year he pumped out a pretty mean hip-hop routine. He's an active kid that keeps us on the ball and his teacher tells me he's doing really good in school. (She's one of my Relief Society Counselors so I'll be able to check up on him a lot). McKay is proud to be 6 and a really fun kid. I'm looking forward to lots of years watching him do his thing and I'm figuring he'll be pretty good at whatever it is he chooses to do. Happy Birthday, McKay. I love you and can't wait to give you my present!!!!!! (Hint...you picked it out).
I love this picture from my Crazy Grandma Camp. It was time for bed and the kids were staking out their places to sleep. McKay made a bed on the top shelf of the toy closet. Ya gotta love it.....
Isn't he a cutie??????

1 comment:

Diana said...

I just caught up on your last few blogs and soooo glad I got to see McKay and share a little of your day. I had a great time down there and just loved seeing you and all John's family. D & R's family did a super job of keeping their surprise under wraps, and they were truly blown away. Tom and Tammy were there, Stuart and Terrie, Art and Gail, and Russ and Ann, so I was able to see more friends. Landon Rogers gave a most impressive mission homecoming talk on Sunday. Thanks again for our trip to the Frost Top. It's still the greatest! Love ya.