Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Pumpkin Spice is under the light....

.....the fall decorations are out and I'm ready for cooler temps so I can veg by my fire, read a good book and breath in some of that "fall feeling". I do love the seasons and tho' ours are quite mild, they do bring us the "change" we need especially from the heat of the summer. I love my Salt City Pumpkin Spice candle and it will briefly take the place of my Watermelon one and only be here a brief moment before I start heating the Evergreen or Christmas Tree....it's the smells, the sounds, the feelings that I love as this time of year comes around the corner. I actually opened my windows yesterday to some fresh breezes and a little bit of fall rain. I wish they could capture that smell in a candle.
**********************
I'm ready to settle into some fall reading. I just found out that one of my favorite authors, Jamie Langston Turner ("Some Wildflower in my Heart") has a new book out that I'm anxious to get in to. I've just finished three of Elizabeth Gilbert's books, "Eat, Pray, Love", "Committed" (follow up to "Eat, Pray, Love") that I loved, and "The Last American Man" which I really enjoyed and I tried to read her first novel "Stern Men" which I didn't like. I'm always anxious to know what good books are out there so e-mail me if you have a good one or have an opinion on one that I have read. I love a good discussion about the books I read; wells@infowest.com. Book Club this month is doing "The Seven Miracles that Saved America", a very worthy read.

4 comments:

joycew said...

I am so advanced at doing nothing that I haven't even been reading lately. Thanks for the tip on JLT's new arrival and I am finishing up "Eat, Pray, Love" (soon) and I will be on to "Committed". Can you believe that you are finding books for ME now?

Camie said...

Fall brings all my favorite things: fires, sweaters, colors, cool breezes, and the beginnings of the holidays....bring on the pumpkin spice....if only for a few weeks!

Karen M. said...

I think everyone loves the fall, I know I do! I love the smells, the cooler weather and the friendships that seem to bloom and grow! I miss you friend, but I am so enjoying San Diego, walked so much today my back is killing me, ha it must be old age creeping in!

Staheli said...

nothing brings in the season better!