Saturday, September 11, 2010

....not a good day 9 years ago but yesterday was a good day.....

.....to be a grandma and as I woke up on this Friday morning wondering what I felt like doing, I quickly realized that I have 7 little friends that I can always call on to put some "life" into my day and that's exactly what I was able to do. Mandy is off to a huge bike ride and Kyle was off to some power camp....so without hesitation, I invited them over for some fun and games grandma style to give their single parents a break. Lauri and I had shopped at a ceramics store in Provo a few weeks ago because the kids like to paint when they come to my house. We were able to do just that and they had a great time producing their masterpieces. McKay, at one point, asked me if his dad liked to do this when he was a kid to which I answered...."no way". If Mason couldn't ride it or throw it, he didn't want anything to do with it but McKay painted 3 dragons and did a mighty fine job but was anxious to get back out to the trampoline to work off some of that nervous energy.

Showing off their works of art.
******************************
Emily came over after school this past week and asked me some questions because she had to write a story about someone she had interviewed. I didn't think much of it but she showed up yesterday with the finished story. It really put a smile on my face. I'm getting old enough that some of the things I did as a kid really are pretty strange and I'm sure kids now days don't really know (or care) what we did so when Emily asked me, I realized..."wow, I'm old and probably sound really strange to this little girl" (wait until I show them my manual typewriter one day). Anyway, it was fun to see what she came up with to write about her ancient grandma!!!!!
I love you too, Emily. More than you'll ever know.

4 comments:

joycew said...

That was a great summation of your life by a grandchild. I just love the perspective of children!

joycew said...

p.s. Did Emily realize that not only did you play hopscotch but you were the hopscotch CHAMPION!!!

Staheli said...

Love it, I used to love doing ceramics. Thanks mom.

Lauri said...

"wen" i was little i liked to paint ceramics too. it's sad that Emily is the only one I could pick on for spelling. Because we all know how often my brothers have picked on my spelling habits, my entire life.