Monday, September 6, 2010

It was actually cold....

....when I got to Pine Valley this morning and it felt sooooo good. I love the feeling I get when I walk through that door and especially this time of year when the heat of summer has almost surrendered to the crispness of fall. I love Monday holidays and having a little leisurely mountain time to try to remind myself how to do nothing. I'm getting better at just enjoying my surroundings and I learned a bit from my new friend Lisetta whom I met while in North Carolina. She and her mother took me to a beautiful place where we spent about 4 hours just enjoying our surroundings and chatting and it was o.k. It was good to have family along today to help me do nothing. Kyle enjoyed a nap in the new hammock while Matty enjoyed the sunshine on a blanket on the lawn. Mom, Joyce and I enjoyed some "porch" time discussing the importance of learning to do nothing. Sometimes we just need to be content. Actually, I'm pretty good at the "art of doing nothing"....it's just the guilt that we must learn to do without. So on this Labor Day, it is my hope that we all spent at least part of it "not laboring" but enjoying family, friends and a little leisure. I did...it's been a great day.

4 comments:

Staheli said...

That all looks absolutely divine. I love pine valley so so so much. I love the pictures, I miss my family and wish I could be there with you all to just relax and enjoy the sunshine.

Spencer said...

yes, very envious of that labor day activity. we had fun with the youngs and the kids cried when they left...look forward to seeing you whenever.

Camie said...

PV is the best place to do nothing.

joycew said...

Thanks for the day at Pine Valley. I must admit that I am pretty advanced when it comes to doing nothing. I didn't learn that from my mother!